Broadcast/Digital Sales Professional
Be an integral member of a dynamic team with responsibility for all financial aspects of Rubber City Radio Group. RCRG is a locally-owned multi-station radio corporation located in Akron, Ohio. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented, a self-starter, reliable and a strong communicator with all constituents. The position is part of the senior management team and as such working as an integral team member and vocal participant is essential. The candidate will be responsible for financial management, human resource administration, employee manuals and filing certain tax returns.
• Directly responsible for the day-to-day, monthly and year-end preparation of all financial reports in accordance with GAAP prepared on a timely basis.
• A strong understanding of internal controls and the capability to develop written processes and procedures that protect the organizations assets and result in accurate financials.
• Prepares yearly budgets; explains fluctuations from budget and prior year; evaluates operating results of each business for costs, revenues, budgets, policies of operation, trends and increased profit possibilities; projects and manages cash flow; and, conducts reviews with department heads and senior management.
• Performs balance sheet account analysis, monthly accruals and reconciliations, including bank, receivable and payable reconciliations.
• Bills, processes and collect amounts due from advertisers.
• Processes and records accounts payable transactions and ensures that all invoices are paid accurately and supported by proper approvals and receiving documents.
• Oversees the annual insurance review and relationship with insurance agencies for liability and worker’s compensation.
• Understands and ensures compliance with the company’s finance agreements including bank borrowings, credit card relationships and equipment financing.
• Conducts ongoing internal auditing to ensure the accuracy of records and to verify that internal controls are in place and followed.
• Responds to financial analysis requests from department managers and owners as requested.
• Identification of transactions with tax sensitivity including but not limited to sales, CAT, personal income and payroll.
• Responsible for the filing of the corporate income tax return and the Form 5500.
• Overseeing human resource functions including hiring, performance appraisals, salary administration and payroll processing.
• Works with the company’s external auditors in preparation of the annual audit.
Personal Attributes and Experience Required:
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, internal controls, filing and record keeping.
• Ability to turn data into useful operating information through the creation of metrics and analytics.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel / Word / Outlook).
• Working knowledge of Peachtree Cloud, payroll reporting/processing and database software.
• An understanding of taxes including general employee/employer and sales tax reporting.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet multiple and sometimes tight deadlines.
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction and efficiently. Self-starter, reliable and flexible with excellent work habits.
• Excellent telephone, oral and written communication skills in order to effectively interact with employees, management, vendors and service providers.
• Responds very timely to emails, texts and phone calls.
• Degree in accounting or finance and at least 3 - 5 years of experience in a full-charge controller role. CPA preferred.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment, in accordance with the requirements for radio stations prescribed by the Federal Communications Commission, including race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition.