The City of Green's Fire Chief is asking residents to take a moment and update their contact information within the city's emergency notification system, Green Alert.
In a press release, Chief Jeff Funai says they're migrating to a new system and need the updated info.
See more from the Fire Chief below:
The City of Green Fire Division is switching service providers for our Green Alert, our mass emergency notification system. While we are transferring data to the new system, we are asking all residents to take 2 minutes to update their contact information.
Enroll in one of three ways:
- Online. Register.
- Text GREENOH to 99-411. Once you receive a reply text from this number, follow the link to complete your registration.
- By phone. Call our non-emergency dispatch number 330-896-6610 and our dispatchers will assist you in registering.
Even if you have signed up for our alerts in the past, we are asking ALL to update their information.
The types of alerts you will receive include:
- Severe weather alerts
- Emergency notification
- Critical community information (temporary road closures, etc.)
- Additional community updates
- SPORTS parents: sign up for field closures