The City of Akron has delayed the 2018 leaf pick up schedule by one week as a result of the extended warm weather and leaves falling later this year.
The printed leaf removal schedule that was included in October’s water bill shows the original dates and will now be delayed by one week. Residents may use any of their three annual free curb service bulk pick-ups for leaves if they choose to schedule for an earlier date. For early pick up, the leaves must be bagged.
Below are the new start dates for each Ward:
Ward 5 November 5
Ward 3 November 7
Ward 9 November 9
Ward 7 November 14
Ward 6 November 17
Ward 2 November 21
Ward 1 November 27
Ward 8 November 30
Ward 4 December 7
Ward 10 December 12
Leaf removal services are more efficient and economical to residents if the following guidelines are followed:
- Do not allow children to play in leaves on or near the street
- Do not place branches or any other debris in the street- only leaves
- Do not rake leaves into the street after leaves have been removed from your street or you will be subject to a fine
- Do not park vehicles on the street the day before your scheduled pick-up, until your leaves have been removed
- Do not park vehicles over leaves - heat from the underside of the vehicle may cause a fire
We remind residents not to rake leaves into the street until the day before scheduled leaf pickup. Each of the wards will take more than one day to complete. Leaves must be on the street by the dates listed – if they are not out, they may not get picked up. The City will make one round through each ward, and the schedule is subject to change in the event of adverse weather conditions. After one round of City-wide leaf removal has been completed, leaf crews will work to fulfill as many additional pick up requests as possible before winter. For more information, visit the City website or call 3-1-1 (375-2311).