The Cleveland Indians are getting ready for their Opening Day game against the Kansas City Royals at the corner of Carneige and Ontario
Communications Coordinator Curtis Danburg spoke with Jasen Sokol, Sam Bourquin, and Brad Russell about the promotions schedule and his views on Opening Day.
Chef Todd Brazile stopped by as well to talk about the latest ballpark food coming to Progressive Field this season.
Former Indians pitcher Chad Ogea also joined the program talking about his memories of Opening Day and his thoughts on the current Indians ballclub.
U.S. Senator and lifelong Tribe fan Sherrod Brown also spoke with the gentlemen in Booth 6 to talk about his memories of Opening Day and his thoughts on this year's team.
Voice of the Tribe Tom Hamilton spoke with the fellas as well about some of his favorite Opening Day memories.
Tribe writer Zack Meisel spoke as well about the team's start and the return of Michael Brantley to the lineup.
Mother Nature put the Cleveland Indians home opener on hold.
The Indians and Red Sox will try again Tuesday at 1:10 PM, hoping for slightly warmer and drier weather.
(Cleveland Indians, news release) Today's game was postponed due to the forecast changing from no precipitation to having precipitation most of the afternoon and into early evening. That steady precipitation forecast combined with wind chills dropping into the teens, it was decided by both teams and umpires for fan comfort and player safety to postpone the game.
Tomorrow's forecast will continue to be cold, but no anticipated precipitation.
Fans with Home Opener tickets are encouraged to attend the rescheduled Home Opener on Tuesday. Gates will open at 11AM. The following pregame elements will return for Tuesday's game:
· Black Keys drummer Patrick Carney first pitch
· William Clarence Marshall national anthem
· #OnlyHere moments celebration with Sandy Alomar
· Military color guard presentation
· SportsTime Ohio live pregame show from The Corner
· Tricky Dick and the Cover Ups from Block Party in Right Field District
Those fans who cannot attend Tuesday's rescheduled Opener have a list of games from which to choose as an alternate game to attend. Those games include:
· Wednesday, April 6 vs. Boston (6:10PM)
· Thursday, April 7 vs. Boston (6:10PM)
· Friday, April 15 vs. New York Mets (7:10PM)
· Saturday, April 16 vs. New York Mets (4:10PM)
· Sunday, April 17 vs. New York Mets (1:10PM)
· Tuesday, April 19 vs. Seattle (6:10PM)
· Wednesday, April 20 vs. Seattle (6:10PM)
· Thursday, April 21 vs. Seattle (12:10PM)
· Friday, May 13 vs. Minnesota (7:10PM)
· Monday, May 16 vs. Cincinnati (6:10PM)
· Tuesday, May 17 vs. Cincinnati (6:10PM)
Fans should visit Indians.com/ScheduleChanges for information on how to exchange their tickets; that process will be based on how fans originally purchased seats.
The Cleveland Indians are ready to start the 2016 season, and the organization and fans alike are excited about the Tribe's outlook.